Products - Search -> "XFX-"
The Ixia xFilter™ provides advanced packet brokering, grooming, and optimization capabilities, including packet management, filtering, tunnel decapsulation, and network management. This advanced appliance allows IT managers to offload the burden of compute-intensive functions from monitoring and security tools. The effectiveness of these tools could otherwise be severely impaired by diverting of bandwidth and CPU resources away from their primary functions of security and performance monitoring.
Available as a physical or virtual appliance, the xFilter offers deployment flexibility for operating in today´s dynamic network environments and all areas of the converged data center. The physical appliance delivers high throughput port density (up to 12 10G ports), while the virtual appliance is the only on-demand solution of its kind that can be deployed and configured with a few simple mouse clicks.
Switches belonging to the Ixia Director™ family - including the Ixia Director xStream™ data monitoring switch, and the Ixia xBalancer™ load balancing solution - are optional components. These solutions augment and complement the xFilter´s capabilities. Integrating easily with the xFilter, the Ixia Director family aggregates raw traffic from multiple xFilter devices and switches it quickly and seamlessly to the network´s instrumentation layer tools, which then carry out their respective inspection and monitoring processes. Load-balancing capabilities allow 10GB network sources to be redistributed out to 1GB tools (or vice versa). This capability is particularly useful for supporting converged data centers and addressing hybrid physical, virtual, and cloud-based network topologies. xFilter can also serve as an end point for traffic being extracted from virtual switches by the Ixia Phantom VTap.
Purpose: decapsulates tunneled traffic for extraction and transport of packets to monitoring switch or tool. Advanced header manipulations for visibility of raw packets.
Tunneling protocol: MPLS, GRE, R-SPAN, ER-SPAN, PPPoE, Fabric PATH, VXLAN, LTE/GTP
Fragmentation: automatic defragmentation
Throughput: up to 120 Gbps
Device management: direct (SSH), Ixia Director management is separate
Operating temperature: 0°C to 35°C
Storage temperature: -10°C to 70°C
Relative humidity: 10% min, 95% max, non-condensing
Dimensions: 1.75" high x 23.5" deep x 19" wide
Mounting: 19" rack mount (1U)
Weight: 26 lbs (11.8kg)
Up to (12) 10 Gbps XR (SR transceivers optional)
Management: 100 Mbps RJ-45
Console: RS-232 serial DB9
Power: 100-240VAC, 47-63Hz 650W PFC
Redundancy: dual modules
Maintenance: power supplies are hot-swappable
Power, disk activity, network 1 activity, network 2 activity, over-temperature warning
- FCC, CE, VCCI, and C-Tick certified
- Fully RoHS and WEEE compliant
Ixia Phantom vTap or other source of tunneled traffic
- Serves as physical or virtual appliance to be deployed in all areas of the converged data center
- Supports high-throughput monitoring of all traffic
- Delivers overall capacity of up to 120 Gbps in 1U rack-mount appliance
- Decapsulates tunneled traffic at 10 Gbps per physical port
- Makes possible up to 12 network plus 12 monitor connections with simplex cables (RX fiber for network, TX for tool)
- Seamlessly integrates with Ixia Phantom VTap
- Handles fragmentation and defragmentation of packets
- Designed to fully complement Phantom Virtualization Tap GRE.
- Supports ERSPAN stripping.
- Easily integrates with Ixia Director, Ixia Director xStream and Ixia xBalancer
- Optimized for use with all Ixia Net Optics taps
- Improves network visibility and security
- Maximizes threat management in monitored environments
- Reduces packet payload overhead before it reaches instrumentation layer tools