Productos - Busca -> "TPA-CU3"
Net Optics 10/100 to 10/100/1000 Dual Port Aggregator Taps provide ultra-efficient access to critical links. This pioneering technology enables any two devices to simultaneously monitor a full-duplex link - using only one NIC per device.
Typically, full-duplex monitoring with a network tap requires two NICs (or a dual channel NIC) one interface for each side of the tapped full-duplex connection. The Dual Port Aggregator Tap combines and regenerates these streams, sending all aggregated data out two separate passive monitoring ports. The best part of this innovation is the onboard memory to make sure traffic isn't dropped during bursts.
Buffering Prevents Lost Data
The Dual Port Aggregator Tap is designed to handle the combined traffic of a single full-duplex link. Normally, the traffic should be below the receiving capacity of the NIC, that is, less than 10,100 or 1000 Mbps.
When the traffic queue exceeds the capacity of the NIC, the Tap buffers the overflow of up to 512 megabytes per side of the full-duplex connection. For your convenience, the buffers clear automatically when the traffic volume falls below the receiving capacity of the NIC. For example, if there is a traffic burst and a tap connected to a 100 Mbps network port on a monitoring device is now receiving 140 Mbps of traffic, the Tap buffers data until the burst is over. The Tap then sends the buffered data to the monitoring device until the buffer is cleared.
Simple to Deploy
Net Optic Dual Port Aggregator Tap is a simple plug-and-play solution addressing the fact that many monitoring systems, including most software based solutions, only offer a single channel NIC, limiting full-duplex visibility. While adding a second NIC can help maintain data integrity and visibility, there is a trade-off in flexibility and ease-of-use. An operating system and NICs that enable binding are often required to achieve the same functionality and the Dual Port Aggregator Tap. In contrast, the Dual Port Aggregator Tap requires no additional components or configuration on the monitoring devices.
Better than Span Ports
In the past, span ports were occasionally used to aggregate tapped traffic. However, in addition to other shortcomings of span port monitoring, span ports support very limited buffering and can simply drop data during bursts. The generous buffers of the Dual Port Aggregator Tap prevent data loss in these conditions.
Zero Delay™ - A Net Optics Breakthrough
Highly sensitive network locations can improve monitoring performance via the innovative features of Net Optics Taps. If power is lost to other 10/100 Taps, the connected devices may introduce delays as they detect the power loss and try to re-establish their link.
Net Optics' pioneering design ensures that any loss of power to the Tap is transparent to the network, and does not affect the flow of traffic through the Tap eliminating packet delay and loss as potential security issues.
Security and Visibility
Without an IP address, monitoring devices are isolated from the network, dramatically reducing their exposure to attacks. However, the monitoring device connected to the Tap still sees all full-duplex traffic as if it were in-line, including Layer 1 and Layer 2 errors.
Simply Plug It In
Full-duplex monitoring to a single NIC is a snap with the Aggregator Tap. All network and monitoring cables necessary for plug-and-play deployment are included with the Tap. Everything you need, right out of the box.
For extra uptime protection, Net Optics Taps offer redundant power connections. Should the primary power source fail, the Tap automatically switches to the backup power source. Power LEDs on the front of the Tap indicate the current power source even if power is lost and reapplied, there is always zero delay to network traffic.
|savvius Omnipeek Enterprise||Network Analysis|
|PWR12-350||12 Volt 350W 12-Lead Power Supply Module|
|RK-ITP2||Designed specifically for easy rack-mounting of Net Optics intelligent iTap family of products. Accommodates two 8.75" wide taps in a 1U frame.|
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
Storage Temperature: -10°C to 70°C
Relative Humidity: 10% min, 95% max, non condensing
Input: 100-240 VAC, 0.5A, 47-63Hz
Output: 12V, 5A
Dimensions: 1.125" high x 11" deep x 8.75" wide
Weight: 2.15 Lbs.
Copper Cable Type: 22-24 AWG unshielded twisted pair cable, CAT5/CAT5E
Link Distance Supported: 97.5 meters
(2) RJ45, 8 pin connectors (monitor ports)
(2) RJ45, 8 pin connectors (network ports)
Fully RoHS compliant
Part Number: TPA-CU
- Supports full-duplex monitoring with a single NIC, increasing monitoring efficiency
- Regeneration Tap technology two devices to simultaneously monitor all aggregated traffic using only one NIC per device
- 512 megabytes of memory for each side of the full-duplex link (1GB memory, total) prevents data loss during excessive traffic loads
- Provides complete full-duplex visibility at 10 or 100 Mbps without data stream interference or introducing a point of failure
- Unique Zero Delay technology every packet goes through without delay, even if power is lost to the Tap
- Compatible with Mid-Span Power over Ethernet (PoE) applications
- Passes all full-duplex traffic (including errors) from all layers for comprehensive troubleshooting
- No IP address is needed for the Tap or monitoring device, enhancing monitoring security
- Redundant power ensures monitoring uptime
- Fully RoHS compliant
- LED indicators show redundant power, speed, link, and activity status
- DIP switches select auto-negotiation or fixed speed and duplexing settings for the Tap
- Front-mounted connectors support easy installation and operation
- All network and monitoring cables included
- Optional 19-inch rack frames hold up to three Taps
- Tested and compatible with all major manufacturers' monitoring devices, including protocol analyzers, probes, and intrusion detection/prevention systems